These natural energy bars were devised to get away from the High Fructose Corn Syrup/Gluten/oil leaden granola bars in the mega-mart. These are more about whole foods and natural sweeters and oils (from peanuts). Play around with the dried fruits and nuts to find a combination YOU like.
All-Natural Energy Bars
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried papaya
- 1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup barley malt syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp salt dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Use your own judgement how fine you want the largest bit of fruit and nuts.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a saucepan and place over medium low heat. Stir until melted. Use a wisk to mix. Use a large spoon to combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll the “dough” out between sheets of parchment paper to a thickness of about 3/8″.
- Bake until just done, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 squares.