This is a nice, grain-free side to go with your Tex-Mex meal or really whatever. Pairs nicely with a grilled salmon filet or a rib-eye. You can decide what you want to serve it with–just make sure you serve it!
Black Bean & Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper ground
- 1 can black beans rinsed, drained well
- 1 cup red bell pepper quarter inch chopped
- 6 green onions root removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Prepare the quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the olive oil, cumin, garlic, lime, salt and Aleppo pepper together in the bottom of a large bowl to let the flavors marry while you chop the veggies. Rinse and drain the black beans, then chop the veggies; the key is to make the peppers and onions about the same size as the beans. For the cilantro, chop the leaves and fine stems roughly. Chop the big stems finely and throw those in, too!Add the cooked quinoa, beans and veggies to the bowl and gently fold it all together with the dressing. The quinoa can be warm, room temp, or cold when you make the dish. Regardless, I suggest letting it sit at least 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.