Here’s what’s planned for tonight. The sumac berries in the salad really makes a difference between what you get served in a restaurant and what you generally end up with at home. Look on the Internet. Mountain Rose Herbs is an excellent source, but they’re on the Left Coast, so you have to plan ahead!
Fattoush – Lebanese Salad
- 1 English seedless cucumber -- peeled and diced
- 1 box grape or cherry tomatoes or 3 vine ripened tomatoes -- diced
- 3 green onions -- white and light green parts only thinly sliced
- ½ cup Italian/flat leaf parsley -- chopped
- 2 romaine hearts -- chopped
- 3 pita breads -- toasted and broken into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- Juice of 1 large lemon 3 T
- Equal amount of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Bunch fresh mint about ½ cup, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, to a large serving bowl, add the dressing, toss, taste for seasoning and serve.