Quaker's Best Oatmeal Cookies
These are the original oatmeal cookie from the company that provides the oats.
- 1-1/4 Cup butter softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 Cup Quaker® Oats uncooked
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Mix well.
Mix in oats.
Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie or 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.