Pickling Spice Mix is better done yourself
Servings: 3 TBSP
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick 2 inches
Break up larger pieces of bay leaves, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
Stir together and store in a small jar.
Add this to pickles, shrimp boil, or anything that you ferment.
BONUS: try grinding this into a fine powder with your coffee grinder and use as a sprinkle! I like to sprinkle this powder over shrimp that I'm boiling and not worry that someone will get a whole clove in their mouth...